You are not logged in.

Taichi

Wingman

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 5:31pm

@Havoc

Yeah, I'm pretty much devoid of experience when playing M-gears. But my terrible experiences with purispams during wars and even casual PVPs are all too real, just like the other players'. >.> I know you have good points too, and that the M-gears need attention for some needed buffs in some aspects. But the fact still remains that purispamming is still possible since SCO days, and something has to be done about it to stop it entirely. Still, a middle-ground has to be met between the two, so that puri has to be nerfed in a way that M-gears won't complain but purispams won't happen again. So I guess, that becomes the million-dollar question for all versions of AR...lol. But then, perhaps, if M-gears finally get their long-needed buffs in the other departments/aspects, perhaps they finally won't mind getting their puri nerfed a bit?

Alright, let me start with the suggestion that puries cannot be stacked on the same player within a certain time (e.g. within the next 30 seconds), except when he's using a BB/Zerk/whatever?

Or, the SP a puri costs is inversely proportional to the total eva/def(whichever is greater of the 2) a target has if he's not using BB/Zerk/whatever by the time the puri is cast? Basically it means that if you puri a target with a very high def/eva, it will result in minimal SP cost, This should encourage using puri only when there's a BB/Zerk/whatever and when the target's def/eva is broken.

Or, the SP cost increases considerably when you cast puri on a target that has already been puried within 30 seconds and the SP increase adds up the more the consecutive puries were cast on the target.
Example:
1st puri on a target: normal cost
2nd puri, same target, <30 secs after 1st puri: normal cost+ 30sp
3rd puri, same target, <30 secs after 2nd puri: normal cost+ 30sp+ 30sp

For now, I'll try leaving it to you guys to decide how good or bad these suggestions are or, if you wish, to tweak them accordingly.

PS: Don't worry Havoc, you're my mate no matter what. ;)

[Current Build (AceCalcs)] ♩♪ (Updated: 12-02-12)

A11

Airman

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 6:26pm

only to scan , buff and coh ?

That seems more usefull to me than only to snare as an A gear. With 3.3 and more broken equipp (that I am never going to get) it makes me an even more useless A gear. A hero M gear with broken equippment might kill more than me like that ... so whats left for a low level A gear without broken equippment? Only Snare and tanking 20 kHP on a rush. M gears are not the only gears that can not get kills.

Just nobody talks about that equippment balance because any answer will allways be: "You can also buy broken equippment". You "have to" counter def or eva with broken equippment, and pirce/prob with broken def/eva. But with no counter for pury, ppl QQ about it. May be somewhen we get broken equipp that makes some player immune to pury, so the newbies can catch all the spam.

Btw, i already suggested improvements of M gear heals to give them more to do, but nobody wanted it as "heals are fine as they are".

the fault lies on the nation's battle plan

If you have a plan to keep enough purys for BBs and zerks, the enemy can come up with the plan to BB and zerk all at once, even a 15 s cooldown pury could not stop that ^^
Just good most players are too fail for such a coordination :)

With my last suggested Pury in this Thread (go read all before QQing ^^) even a 30 s cooldown can be ok.
An other possibility is to let pury interrupt the buffs, and they can be continued by "rebuffing", just that the rebuffing uses no SP and only adds the remaining time that was left before the Pury. Then it takes skill to counter it (the rebuffing) but does not stupidly drain SP just to annoy someone.
ji :arrow: M gear :ninja: BCU :stick: ANI

Taichi

Wingman

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 6:41pm

If you have a plan to keep enough purys for BBs and zerks, the enemy can come up with the plan to BB and zerk all at once, even a 15 s cooldown pury could not stop that ^^
Just good most players are too fail for such a coordination :)
You already mentioned a reason why enemies can't also do an all-simultaneous use of BBs and Zerks: "most players are too fail for such a coordination." Another reason: camps. Yet another reason: enemies roaming in the map.

And regarding this part of your suggestion: "rebuffing costs no sp"...
simply...NO. >.> And take note that it's quite easy to keep pressing the hotkeys for rebuffs if you get puried with the kind of "puri" you're suggesting, without getting any penalty whatsoever...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Taichi" (Mar 27th 2012, 6:47pm)

Gungrave

gσ∂∂єѕѕ σғ ωαг

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 8:05pm

Pury don't need to be modified in effect. They just need to find a way to prevent it of being spammed.
Reminded me of another thought I had, rather than nerf the cd, have pury give the target a buff that prevents gear-specific buffs from being cancelled for 5min or w/e.

Might be significantly more complicated Idfk, but it would b a nice middle ground.

Protector of the Other World
CrimsonDevil- Ani Helix-110 IGear
SapphireDevil-101 BG

http://tinyurl.com/RoseVids

Taichi

Wingman

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 8:18pm

Reminded me of another thought I had, rather than nerf the cd, have pury give the target a buff that prevents gear-specific buffs from being cancelled for 5min or w/e.

Might be significantly more complicated Idfk, but it would b a nice middle ground.
Err...do ABM/GBM/GSM/ASM/CR/etc. count as gear-specific buffs? >.>

Other than that, it's a promising suggestion, I guess.

CUCKING

Wingman

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 2:41pm

I would like to see the cooldown increased to the same as Shield para,i also think it should have the effect of stopping re-buffing for a set time the same as shiled para stop's you using kits for a set time.