You are not logged in.

Monday, October 17th 2011, 9:38am

The planet has to have atmosphere, both the cities are open and people walk around just fine.
Also, the first law of thermodynamics is more accurately written as "energy cannot be created or destroyed in normal chemical reactions" Fission and fusion are the exceptions based on Einstein's theory of relativity, but I seriously doubt that each gear is flying around with a payload of nuclear warheads. Even if they were, the reaction during detonation would not be 100% pure, and therefore would not consume the entire missile, and even if it did, the majority of energy released would be heat and light, with the heat eventually melting the landscape anyway.

tl;dr - This game isn't supposed to be physical. It's a fun spacebee shooter, and should stay that way. It is physically impossible for some basic things in the game to happen (trololol with the power of my mind I can make my jet turbine engines go in reverse) and that just adds to the joy in the game.
"Anyone who thinks they're important is usually just a pompous moron who can't deal with his or her own pathetic insignificance and the fact that what they do is meaningless and inconsequential..."
-William Thomas

Need help with almost any subject? Check out this guy: Khan Academy 2,300 online free lessons. This needs to be shared.

TBURN

Story Contest Second Place

Monday, October 17th 2011, 11:09pm

(trololol with the power of my mind I can make my jet turbine engines go in reverse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhB_Rqo38g

Where's your god now?

(like I mentioned, this is why MGs have the Harrier Defender)

Wing Commander BG @ ANI ~ Orion

Many thanks to Neo4DeatH for the (new) awesome siggy! <3

PS.:

_zik_

Airman

Monday, October 17th 2011, 11:51pm

obviously some aspects of gravitational drag have been applied to this game which is why there is grav boosting. however, the flaw is when you b-stop your gear, somehow gravity itself has completely vanished even though it had the ability to slow down the gear that uses an engine.

I didnt state that those laws or parts of them can't or havent been applied but that they dont NEED to apply to fantasy based worlds. don't take quotes out of context.
My intention was to reinforce your idea and not to refute it.

What i meant to say is that yes this is a game so the "physic laws" we already have are quite good in my opinion, which means i do agree that the game is nice as it is already.

Im sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Aztlan
Aztlan lvl 87 Mgear - BCU-------- Reactivating on the Nation Reset
_zik_ lvl 88 Igear - BCU ----------- On the garage
_Messiah_ lvl 88 Bgear - BCU - The ninja freelancer

Terrapin lvl 80 Agear - BCU ----- The mob ganker

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 12:27am

You don't seem to understand what my point was. Yes, harriers can hover and fly backwards. So can ospreys. But harriers do it with a very special modification that vents engine exhaust through directional tubes located along the side of the plane. This flight style is rather slow and exists not for air to air combat maneuvering but for precise landing in tight environments.
Reverse engine is not the same thing at all. It offers the same maneuverability as flying forward, with the same speed and controls. It is most definitely used for air to air combat, and occasionally air to ground as well. It is hardly ever used for landing. Also, based on the speed each gear attains, the only engines that are able to provide enough thrust (aside from rockets) are jet engines, which only work in one direction. This is why, at airports, jets get backed out of the gate by a tow vehicle, yet they pull in just fine alone. That is the joke in my previous post: RE completely defies anything reasonable.
Also, other gears can simply hover in mid air as a bstop. Don't try to convince me that they all have harrier style attachments.
And another point that no one has brought up: overbooster, ta and bmm would completely pulp anyone in the gear when that maneuver goes off. The forces are way more than a human body can withstand.

Final conclusion for this thread: Game's not realistic, don't try to make it so.
"Anyone who thinks they're important is usually just a pompous moron who can't deal with his or her own pathetic insignificance and the fact that what they do is meaningless and inconsequential..."
-William Thomas

Need help with almost any subject? Check out this guy: Khan Academy 2,300 online free lessons. This needs to be shared.

Zorka98

Airman

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 3:15pm

Final conclusion for this thread: Game's not realistic, don't try to make it so.
Why not?

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 5:31pm

Why not?

cuz making this game realistic would make it boring

TasteDaLove 7x a-gear | ani orion
SatisFaction 8x m-gear | ani orion
"The fail runs strong within this one"

some people forgets this game isnt about fun, its about ego and bragging rights

Zorka98

Airman

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 7:00pm

why?

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 7:53pm

why?

cuz it was designed to be a future spacebee?
making it realistic means changing 90% of the game
if u want realistic go play a flight simulator
this is a spacebee game, flight simulator =/= spacebee

TasteDaLove 7x a-gear | ani orion
SatisFaction 8x m-gear | ani orion
"The fail runs strong within this one"

some people forgets this game isnt about fun, its about ego and bragging rights

Akula

Airman

• "Akula" started this thread

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 8:34pm

I know that this is not the real world ,it is clear from the first day
I just had an idea which I thought she would do the game more interesting
most of you either not understood or they are not liked
and end of stories :(

PS...I love smileys so fu :) :) :) :) :)

AKULA ANI Helix 92 BG ...He died on 02.10.2012 .....and reborn on 05.10.2012. as _DEX_ :)
_DEX_ BCU Helix xx Bg

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 8:35pm

Making it realistic would change fundamentals in this game. Speed would be reduced, the maps would change, all the air moves would be removed, most of the engines would have their speed reduced AND a huge increase in acceleration, missiles and standard weps would be changed, the way you control the gear would change, targeting would change, you wouldn't be able to bstop...
The list goes on, but that should be enough to give you an idea. Making the gam realistic would result in nothing less than a crappy flight sim, one in which at least two of the four gears would crash if it ever tried to fly. This game isn't about realism, or even quasi realism. I personally enjoy the game as it is, and making it more realistic (as far as mechanics goes) would ruin much of what I like about it.
-William Thomas

TBURN

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 9:53pm

a huge increase in acceleration

targeting would change

two of the four gears would crash if it ever tried to fly.

Acceleration? Real world jets have pretty bad aceleration ratios from what I know, that's why, in order to take off from an aircraft carrier, you need to use spring-powered launch pads to help boost the aircraft's speed in the real world, while in AR you can take off and land in places like Gjert and Sunken's pad (or heck, even worse, Relic's pad). Maybe you're forgetting that the speed in AR is in m/s, not km/h or mph.

Why would targetting change? Many fighter jets have heat-seeking lock on systems akin to the one used by AR (but of course the AR one is fictional since there's no heat in a computer game).

Two of the four gears? The A-Gear I obviously understand why, but what's the other gear that wouldn't fly? I don't see any other gear that has a structure that outright defies the aerodynamics/levitation rules for aircraft.

PS.:

miksa13

Wingman

• "miksa13" has been banned

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 1:12am

Heu no! -1* =\
Auriga:
- BG lvl 94~Att build since the beginning of time
- IG lvl 84
~Full att
A simple vid

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 7:36am

That should read deceleration, don't know what I was thinking (except maybe a decrease in acceleration) when I wrote that.
The other gear is the Mgear. Almost all the armors are aerodynamically unstable. Also, some of the Bgear and Igear armors would be hard to control at the very least, though to a lesser extent.
Targeting would change because some of the angels our standards fire at are completely crazy. Same with the missiles. The system would stay mostly the same, but you wouldn't get away with as much as you do now.
Point is, it's still a bad idea.
-William Thomas

TBURN

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 4:37pm

The other gear is the Mgear. Almost all the armors are aerodynamically unstable.

The Harrier Defender, obviously based off the Harrier, is a pretty realistic armor in itself.

The Rigid would also be a good one.

Some of the 3.3 armors kinda break the laws of aerodynamics, true, but some are pretty normal-looking.

PS.:

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 4:40am

Keyword: Almost. 2 armors out of a dozen or so does not really mean the gear is stable.
-William Thomas