You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to AirRivals. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

[Buffy]

Artist

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:26pm

My single questions to Martina:

1. What LVL is your own gear? As a PD you should have vast theoretical as well as practical knowledge about the game... Shouldnt you?

BR

Caitif
LOL caitif flaming :D

BUFFone - lvl 8x - BCU - Helix
-- 26/12/2007 - we'll never forget --
->check my armor color mod gallery
<-

Caitif

Wingman

• "Caitif" has been banned

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:49pm

Dont know what you re talking about flaming... Twas just an innocent question out of pure, childish interest... :ninja:

THX for that sig, meng!!!

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:04pm

Love it. Best question ever.

Hularuns

Airman

• "Hularuns" has been banned

Occupation: Missing Manch, Kaze AND FERKLELS SO DAMN MUCH IT HURTS FFFFF

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:12pm

If Caitif and Yolks' question does not get asked in the next newsletter, then these little 'ask someone at GF' things are incredibly pointless.

Albi~

Airman

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:23pm

I vote for Yolks's questions to be added. He made some very good points.

AlbinoShadow - 87 Igur

ParanoidSadist - 75 Bgur - Stripped and abandoned :C

^ Needs a better sig

• "RainbowDash" has been banned

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:34pm

1. What LVL is your own gear? As a PD you should have vast theoretical as well as practical knowledge about the game... Shouldnt you?

BR

Caitif

Hello Cait :love:

My own question that even every new mod/GM has answered before: What do you think is one of the main problems concerning AR?

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:40pm

1. Will all these questions ever be answered?

Whatiii

Banned for spamming spamcorner

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:57pm

BR

Caitif
5* question. Must put that in.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 5:50pm

+1 To Yolks post, it pretty much sums up my thought also and I am eager to get answers.
(Answers are coming)

Quorra

Team Mum

Monday, May 7th 2012, 9:43pm

Yes the game does need more adverting but what I want to know is,how do you plan on bringing more advertisement to the game and how much of it is going to be done?

If you have any issues with anyone on the team feel free to contact me

Contact me by IRCor by sending me an email at quorra@airrivals.net

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:18am

Quotes come from gameforge's website, and various press releases.....

"Gameforge is the largest independent global provider of online games. Located in Karlsruhe, Germany, Gameforge offers 21 games in more than 50 languages and more than 300 million registered users worldwide. The Gameforge portfolio includes Metin2, the largest massively multiplayer online game in Europe and popular games such as OGame, Ikariam, Gates of Andaron, or Gladiatus. The Gameforge portal MMOGAME.COM integrates all Gameforge games in a comprehensive community network. Gameforge has won numerous awards, including “Technology Pioneer 2009” from the World Economic Forum and ”Entrepreneur of the Year 2008.” Ikariam won the German Computer Game Award 2009 in the “Best Browser Game” category. In 2010, Gameforge was awarded ”TOP JOB Employer of the Year” and titled one of the best employers of 2010 by the Great Place to Work® Institute Germany."

It also says you have 600ish employees at the company. Pretty substantial in anybodies book.
When Klaas Kresting left GameForge in mid 2011 the company had revenues of over 150million - Rather large in anyone's books.

So - Couple pointed and somewhat tough questions.

You are by no means a small company, you are huge.

You are obviously doing something right with some of your games or you wouldn't be in the position you are in, you wouldn't have been awarded the contracts for Aion, you wouldn't have been awarded 'top job employer, best browser game for Ikarim, or Technology pioneer for 2009, entrepreneur of the year 2008, you wouldn't have turned grown from a few employee's to a company of your size if you weren't doing something right.....
600+ employers is pretty huge in anyone's book's as far as a company is concerned, as is your $150million worth of revenues.

Why can't a company of your size, and with your resources manage a server merger?

.Net over the three servers has a significant number of players and accounts, there are also huge number of players willing to return if something changes.
A company your size - One of the largest in the world as far as a games developer and provider, must surely have had some experience with server mergers before, you must surely have a database management team, and the resources capable of managing it and actually implementing it.

6 months ago you released a press statement saying 'Gameforge's reorganization will shift the company from being divided into client-based and browser-based game divisions into a Development division, which “will focus on the internal development of online games” according to the company; the Publishing division will be “in charge of the games portfolio and platform strategy.”

Leads to my next question. You are now more focused on games development according to the above, would it ever be considered to remove MasangSoft from the equation and move development of this game InHouse - AceOnline and JAO are less reliant on MasangSoft than we currently are, would it be possible to gain more freedom with the contract you have signed, or put a significant amount of pressure on the developer to pick up their act - You are hardly a small company - surely you can flex some corporate muscle, to fix the issues we currently have with the game, to catch us up with the patches we are behind on, to fix the bugs that we currently have.

Right now I can log onto an illegal version of the game and play a more up to date version - where is the dis-incentive to do so for your average player? Why hasn't something been done about this version of the game?

As a company now with a greater focus on games development, why isn't it possible to take this game and develop it yourself when the contract expires, or is re-negotiated - You have the work force capable of doing it, and your focus is now on game development rather than game hosting surely more freedom with what you can/cannot touch with this game would be a good thing...

Why can't a company of your size and your exposure - 300 million worldwide users, and 150million in yearly revenues- provide a little more advertising for this particular game

What are the plans for this game in the future, is it a game you will continue to provide support/resources, or is it something that will slowly waste away till it is eventually taken offline.

So much sexy here. If you're to answer one single post, this is the one to answer.

Hularuns

Airman

• "Hularuns" has been banned

Occupation: Missing Manch, Kaze AND FERKLELS SO DAMN MUCH IT HURTS FFFFF

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:27am

Quotes come from gameforge's website, and various press releases.....

"Gameforge is the largest independent global provider of online games. Located in Karlsruhe, Germany, Gameforge offers 21 games in more than 50 languages and more than 300 million registered users worldwide. The Gameforge portfolio includes Metin2, the largest massively multiplayer online game in Europe and popular games such as OGame, Ikariam, Gates of Andaron, or Gladiatus. The Gameforge portal MMOGAME.COM integrates all Gameforge games in a comprehensive community network. Gameforge has won numerous awards, including “Technology Pioneer 2009” from the World Economic Forum and ”Entrepreneur of the Year 2008.” Ikariam won the German Computer Game Award 2009 in the “Best Browser Game” category. In 2010, Gameforge was awarded ”TOP JOB Employer of the Year” and titled one of the best employers of 2010 by the Great Place to Work® Institute Germany."

It also says you have 600ish employees at the company. Pretty substantial in anybodies book.
When Klaas Kresting left GameForge in mid 2011 the company had revenues of over 150million - Rather large in anyone's books.

So - Couple pointed and somewhat tough questions.

You are by no means a small company, you are huge.

You are obviously doing something right with some of your games or you wouldn't be in the position you are in, you wouldn't have been awarded the contracts for Aion, you wouldn't have been awarded 'top job employer, best browser game for Ikarim, or Technology pioneer for 2009, entrepreneur of the year 2008, you wouldn't have turned grown from a few employee's to a company of your size if you weren't doing something right.....
600+ employers is pretty huge in anyone's book's as far as a company is concerned, as is your $150million worth of revenues.

Why can't a company of your size, and with your resources manage a server merger?

.Net over the three servers has a significant number of players and accounts, there are also huge number of players willing to return if something changes.
A company your size - One of the largest in the world as far as a games developer and provider, must surely have had some experience with server mergers before, you must surely have a database management team, and the resources capable of managing it and actually implementing it.

6 months ago you released a press statement saying 'Gameforge's reorganization will shift the company from being divided into client-based and browser-based game divisions into a Development division, which “will focus on the internal development of online games” according to the company; the Publishing division will be “in charge of the games portfolio and platform strategy.”

Leads to my next question. You are now more focused on games development according to the above, would it ever be considered to remove MasangSoft from the equation and move development of this game InHouse - AceOnline and JAO are less reliant on MasangSoft than we currently are, would it be possible to gain more freedom with the contract you have signed, or put a significant amount of pressure on the developer to pick up their act - You are hardly a small company - surely you can flex some corporate muscle, to fix the issues we currently have with the game, to catch us up with the patches we are behind on, to fix the bugs that we currently have.

Right now I can log onto an illegal version of the game and play a more up to date version - where is the dis-incentive to do so for your average player? Why hasn't something been done about this version of the game?

As a company now with a greater focus on games development, why isn't it possible to take this game and develop it yourself when the contract expires, or is re-negotiated - You have the work force capable of doing it, and your focus is now on game development rather than game hosting surely more freedom with what you can/cannot touch with this game would be a good thing...

Why can't a company of your size and your exposure - 300 million worldwide users, and 150million in yearly revenues- provide a little more advertising for this particular game

What are the plans for this game in the future, is it a game you will continue to provide support/resources, or is it something that will slowly waste away till it is eventually taken offline.

So much sexy here. If you're to answer one single post, this is the one to answer.
I don't think the community can reiterate how much we want this question to be asked, I think we'll all be beside ourselves if you ask a question like 'Will we get patches soon?'

Too much love Yolks <3

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:26am

I totally agree with having more advertising.

Question, what are the future marketing efforts/campaigns for Airrivals?
>_< Leveling (really slowly...)
87Mgear
BCU Helix

iPuri

Banned until 08-10-2010

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:35am

Does this gaming company support Anti-Homophobia?

Mavis N/A Mgear
HELIX/ANI
My Videos
I'd like to say, that kaze is much like a streetwalker.

He'll join any brig, do it temporarily, and once you're given him donations, he'll leave.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:36pm

I love how they banned Caitif for asking probably the best question in this thread.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:04pm

New question: What do you think about Caitif's ban after asking the best question on this thread?

It's weird how a company with rules against "extreme right-wing" content acts when some1 does/says something they don't like.

:love: DE
MPA1996-8x IG ANI/Helix
IronTempest

Jeax

BAKA-senpai

• "Jeax" has been banned

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:29pm

caitif trolls the PD hahahahahaha seems our PD cant answer what level her gear is. :lol: :lol: in other words: she probably doesnt even have a gear and she is clueless about the game and its state. so better ban caitif lololol way to go gameforge :lol:

Mucho love 3g <3

aeraal

Banned until 08-07-2010

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:45pm

Will you buy me D3 collectors edition if i'll give you my 94 igear?

DustWing

Gonna need a bigger boat.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 9:11pm

Why don't you have a forum account here? Or even in airrivals.de?

How closely do you work with the game CoMa's?

Which parts of the game are you most interested in improving?

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 6:01am

simple question that will answer all questions.

Are you going to drop Air Rivals from the line of games that Gameforge is hosting...?

Loyal Citizen of the Anti-National Influence of Auriga