You are not logged in.

Rusty Shackleford

There's a fleck on the speck on the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

• "Rusty Shackleford" started this thread

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:37pm

Fdjaklsjfdlksajfiodsjiof324joi48908u

Taichi

Wingman

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:57pm

Recently played 2 of the predecessors (Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat). Currently focusing on the Chernobyl one first, and I'm really enjoying it a lot.
If that news is true, then... T_T

[Current Build (AceCalcs)] ♩♪ (Updated: 12-02-12)

Mike020389

♣ That Fuggen Furfag ♣

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:58pm

* ~ Foxstar ~ *

Steam | Xfire | YouTube

Taichi

Wingman

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:02pm

Maybe if I ever start to get bored with S.T.A.L.K.E.R, then I'll start playing F.E.A.R. next :P (Yeah, I know I'm effing outdated >.>)

Rusty Shackleford

There's a fleck on the speck on the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:17pm

FEAR is literally nothing like STALKER, so I don't see why you even posted that.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:18pm

welp that's a shame (welp stalker is on my list of eventually play games... along with like 15 other games that i've already purchased)

Taichi

Wingman

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:29pm

FEAR is literally nothing like STALKER, so I don't see why you even posted that.
Well, I try just about anything that strikes me as interesting. :3 But yeah, S.T.A.L.K.E.R has a fairly complex and semi non-linear game play compared to other FPSes I know, and I can tell it's going to get me engaged for quite a while. But for the sake of curiosity, I want to see how "scary" F.E.A.R is.

Kat

Junior ~ BCU

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 2:35pm

FEAR> ALL HORROR FPS GAMES

Kat_-XX Igur Helix/BCU

Zorka98

Airman

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 3:38pm

Dead space and Dead Space 2>all Horror FPS games
Amnesia>ALL horror Games (you literally can only run from enemys)

Rusty Shackleford

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 6:37pm

Aren't Dead Space 1 &2 Third Person Shooters anyways?

And on FEAR: STALKER isn't a horror game. If it was a horror game, much of it would have to be scripted, like FEAR, to be scary. STALKER is all about atmosphere and survival. Many times you have to weight the pros and cons of helping fellow stalkers who are fighting mutants. Do you have enough ammo to spare to help? What if they have good loot on them, and you can just wait for the mutants to finish killing/eating them to grab it. What if one of them is a person with a job for you (yes, quest NPCs can die). This is why STALKER is usually heralded above the other games, instead of run & gun with gimmicks, you actually have to think your way through a situation.

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 9:07pm

The "Last of Us" looks like ti will >> all check out all the trailers and in order.

Rusty Shackleford

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 11:56am

The "Last of Us" looks like ti will >> all check out all the trailers and in order.

To me, Last of Us looks like it will likely be another cash-in into the zombie craze.

Also, some news: What remains of GSC will still try to continue to finish STALKER 2, but they aren't giving any guarantees.

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 5:42pm

it defitnietly doesn't look like a cash-in, also the zombie trend level is down right now. And this has like a "I am legend" and "28 Days/Weeks Later" feel to it.

Taichi

Wingman

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 9:55pm

STALKER isn't a horror game. If it was a horror game, much of it would have to be scripted, like FEAR, to be scary.
Well, S.T.A.L.K.E.R does evoke a bit of horror in its own way, with an eerie atmosphere akin to a "ghost town", all those howling and wailing ambient sounds in the background, the darkened corridors of subterranean facilities, those vile mutants... coupled with the gameplay complexity, I LOVE IT! 8o

On another note, if and when GSC completely falls apart, I hope some other company can just buy the rights to the intellectual properties of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R franchise and continue on the legacy... if that were possible. :oops:

Sigh... reminds me of what happened to the Homeworld series... T_T