You are not logged in.

merTYol

The one and only......

• "merTYol" started this thread

Friday, March 30th 2012, 2:34pm

AirRivals Newsletter - April 2012

Newsletter April

All set for launch - It's time to take off!
Hello pilots!
In the April newsletter we are going to be telling you about the development of current projects, presenting the Easter event and introducing our developer Frank. As always, Operator Gina is also on board. Enjoy the read!
News from the command bridge
The AirRivals team is currently creating something cool for the collectors and statisticians amongst you: the Veteran marks are on their way!

With this achievement system you will be able to see what you have attained so far directly on the website: are you a Crash Pilot or a Monster Victim? On which level are you, or how long have you been with us? Your Veteran marks will reveal all!
We've packed a huge amount of action into the Easter event that has already started: you can still take part in various events on Phillon up to 17th April!
On the three upcoming weekends from Friday (6 PM) to Sunday night (midnight), you can collect a decent amount of experience because you get 150% experience points and 150% war points.

With the Alien Egg Hunt, quality content is waiting for you that you can earn through kills: here you'll find 1-hour upgrade items like the picture of a lover, shield as well as repair kits and suitable weapons for pilots from level 60.
There is also an Open PVP Event which you can register for on the forum and for which Operator Gina has come up with a few games of hide and seek on Facebook.

We wish you a Happy Easter!
Pilot trainers wanted!
The mentoring system that will be starting soon is moving into the next phase: many players have already applied in the 'test region' of Germany to become a mentor and train up an AirRival newcomer. If you're also interested in trying out being a mentor, just register with your Community Manager. All you need to bring with you for the task is a bit of experience, basic knowledge about AirRivals and of course enjoyment in training elite pilots!
Players do Game Design!
On the German forum (and soon in all other forums too) there is already a thread called 'User Game Design'. Here you can discuss directly, ask questions and post answers: what Item should become available in the shop, which should be removed? Where is the balance not quite right and what can be done about it? Take part in the discussion - soon in all countries!
Interview with developer Frank
He programmes, maintains our website and creates the most suitable tools: enjoy this interview with Frank, developer for the AirRivals Team.

Gina: Hi Frank. Tell us about yourself: how did you become a developer and how long have you been responsible for AirRivals?

Frank: I already knew before I finished my schooling that I wanted to earn my crust in the IT sector. So I decided to study computer science. After my degree thesis and a few months in the job I had at that time, I began looking for a new challenge that would be fun for me. That's how the idea was born to step into the gaming industry. I have now been at Gameforge for almost three years already and for the past two years I have been taking care of the systems and websites for AirRivals.

Gina: What does your daily workload look like and what do you enjoy the most about it?

Frank:
My work is very diverse. Recently we have been working daily on providing players with a smooth gaming experience and on making Phillon more exciting by adding new features and events. What's most fun is the search for ideas, the planning and implementation. And if you occasionally get praise from the gaming community every now and then, it's even more fun.

Gina: How much influence do you have on the game as a developer?

Frank:
As publisher, we have less influence on AirRivals here at Gameforge because the development studio is responsible for most of the content. We do however work closely with Masangsoft to incorporate the requirements of European players into an MMO. As developer though, you deal mainly with the tools in the background.

Gina: Are you a hardcore gamer yourself? What are you playing at the moment and what's your favourite?

Frank: I have always been a great fan of computer and video games. It started back in the day with the Amiga 500. Hard to believe that my dad forbid me from having a console for years as a kid...I see myself as a multi-faceted gamer who tries his luck with all genres. At the moment I'm playing AION the most and Mass Effect III, but I'm always up for a game of FIFA.

Gina: Finally, is there anything you want to pass on to the players?

Frank: I hope we can continue to fire you up with new ideas in the future. At the moment I am working together with the Team and other departments on an AirRivals app for iOS and Android. Soon we'll be making an achievement system available to you, which among other things should please the collectors amongst you. One more thing: if there's a capable PHP developer amongst you who wants to make their money in the gaming industry, feel free to get in touch with us!
Hello you lovely people!
Somehow it looks much nicer when the chunks of debris from the Monster Gears crash down upon colourful meadows instead of barren winter landscapes - spring is finally here! With the warm temperatures comes cool stuff dreamt up by the guys at Phillon's directorate. I'm really looking forward to the Veteran insignia. Once my passion for collecting has been awakened, there's no stopping me.

I think the mentoring system is a great idea too, perhaps I'll take on a young pilot and show him a few of my tricks...well, I've got to get back in my Gear and shoot a few Alien eggs - until next time!

Warmest regards,

Your Gina